Getting An Abdominoplasty In Manhattan: Preparations
Should you decide to have a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty in Manhattan with our experts and trusted doctors, you will be asked to thoroughly prepare for the procedure. With our modern clinic in Manhattan,abdominoplasty requires responsible preparation before the operation, which include letting go of some of your habits, taking medications, and organizing your home once you are discharged.
To help you with the preparation phase, we have laid down some practices that you should remember. Tummy tuck is a major surgery that needs you to be fully ready before the day of the procedure.
The first step is the initial consultation with Dr. Kaufman, a conversation that tackles your goals and what the clinic can offer. During the initial consultation, patients talk about their expectations. Once these are set, the doctor discusses what the clinic can do to achieve these goals. Prior to getting the surgery, the doctor reviews in detail your medical history. Patients also undergo into a physical examination.
The doctor sometimes recommends combining tummy tuck with other treatments such as cosmetic breast surgery or liposuction, depending on the aesthetic goals of the patient. The doctor then makes a detailed plan of the operation.
Most of the preparation stage relies on the patient’s responsibilities. In order to get the best out of the procedure, it is important for you to adhere to doctor’s instructions. Among them are: visiting your medical doctor for check-up and lab works; prescribing of medicines; and outlining the things that must be avoided.
Some of those that patients must avoid before the operation are smoking, aspirin-containing drugs, anti-inflammatory products, and blood-thinning medications.
Patients are also asked to drink plenty of water before the surgery for hydration. Furthermore, getting enough rest prior to the procedure is also a must.
Your home will be your recovery grounds after getting tummy tuck in Manhattan. It is important to keep the home in the best condition to aid you in the quick recovery process. Some arrange their houses after the procedure but doing this only worsens your surgical site. Making the necessary preparations in your house before the procedure is always better than doing it after.
- Have someone to assist caring for your children. Negotiate terms with a nanny, a personal assistant, or a relative to care for your children especially toddlers, if you have any.
- Prepare easy-to-cook meals. Cook meals that will not require you to bend over such as oven-roasting and baking. Put raw food and ingredients within reach at waist level. Choose healthy meals to help you heal faster.
- Have a medication compartment. Set up a drawer, a compartment, or a nightstand that will hold all the medications after the procedure. Also include a spot to clip on the medicine checklist and schedule. The nightstand may also include crackers and bottles of water.
- Place a thermometer near your bed. It is important to check on your temperature every now and then.
- Keep communication lines open. Put all mobile chargers and power supplies within reach. Communicating with your caretaker, personal assistant, or nanny should be easy whenever you need them.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable.Your tummy tuck surgical site should not keep you from getting a good night’s sleep.
This checklist serves as your initial guide before the operation. We recommend you to add more according to your convenience.
Getting an Abdominoplasty in Manhattan requires mindfulness specially after the procedure and we want you to be fully aware of the do’s and dont’s for faster recovery.